Friday, April 30, 2010

New Smooch Projects

Well, finally here's the pics of my new Smooch projects. The first one being a 2 Hour Card Workshop I would like to test in the hope of submitting it to Kaszazz. If you like these cards, please let me know and I'll set up some workshop dates so you can learn the techniques (stamping, marbling and watercolouring) I have used in these cards.
I have used two flowers from the Four Flowers Rollagraph wheel coloured with Pumpkin, Gold Lame, Sugarberry and Mollasses Smooch as well as 3 coloured daisies with a touch of Gold Lame Smooch on top to embellish this card. The cafe charm (table & chairs) is coloured with Molasses, Pumpkin (flowers) and Sugarberry (vase) Smooch. These inks can be used on lots of different surfaces including wood, metal and plastic - just be sure to leave enough drying time or you could heat set it if so desired (be careful with heating plastic though!)

The Lavender Card uses a different technique to create a watercoloured background with Siren and Sugarberry Smooch. The Lavender image is stamped using Sugarberry and Green Apple then torn and sponged around the edge with Sugarberry Smooch.
The white organdy ribbon in all the cards has been spritzed with Emerald Sprinkle and Electric Blue Smooch Spritz. Thanks Kym - I used the ribbon from March Creative Challenge!
 The Cherry Blossom Card has the Cherry blossom image stamped with Molasses and heat set, then watercoloured with Taffy, Green Apple and Molasses Smooch then cut out and magic mounted over a Smooch Marbled strip of card. I have used a little Ice Stickles to highlight the centres of the blossoms. All cards were stamped in co-ordinating Smooch with the Friends Mini Messages uncut set.
I have been busy also creating 2 Scrapbooking workshops using Smooch. There is a Single Page Layout (which I will create a card to go with it to make a Page n Card workshop) and a Page and Pocket Pieces Layout. I have used a the Super and Jumbo Flower punches and the Super Butterfly punch to the embellishments with Smooch marbled card on the Adorable Princess Layout. I cut the petals off a  green punched out flower and drew veins on them to create the leaves then curled them slightly to add dimension. The words are from the My Girl! Rubons and I have used the Elegant Flourish to stamp in the left top and bottom corners.
The Page and Pocket Piece Layout has been created with Weathered Wood Distress Ink and Aged Mahogany (for the asian Love stamp). Other stamps used were the Cherry Blossoms Large, Blossoms, Reason Season Lifetime, 2 Step Apple and Journal Wiz. I have used Ice Stickles on the Cherry Blossoms to highlight the centres after colouring with Taffy Smooch. The branches have been coloured with Molasses and Green Apple Smooch. The scalloped strips were cut out from the Bella Borders/Dots SB Paper. 

I hope you like these projects. I can say I had a ball creating them and playing with some new techniques.

Will leave you to enjoy your evening,

Thanks for visiting!

Cheers
Fi

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow I absolutely love your work! It's very beautiful. I knew as soon as I saw your web page (gorgeous design) that I was on a fabulously inspirational web-site. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful work. I'll be back often - all the best to you and thank you again for the inspiration. Kindest regards, Kim from Cooma NSW.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, inspiration work. I love it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work - I will visit often. Thanks again, from Cooma Kim. :)

Fi said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments, Kim. So glad my work is an inspiration to you and I hope you will continue to be inspired by it! Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to post on my blog.
Cheers and happy crafting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser