Monday, June 7, 2010

A Scrapbook Layout as promised ....

Hi, 
Back again with the layout I was going to put on here on yesterday. Hope you like it...I had lots of fun designing this one!
It has a some printing using the shaving cream and ink technique I've been playing with. Check it out...
  
I used Distress inks on top of a thin layer of shaving cream to use for the strip at the bottom of this layout. I've also used the new Funky Alphabet stamp set (which is one of the Host Gifts for July/August) for part of the title.
I used elements from the photos ie; Caitlyn's bib and the highchair pattern as inspiration for embellishing this layout. I also used a small scrap I had from the Scallop Border Design Adhesive to create the ribbon tab on the sides of the photos. I coloured the adhesive with blue pearlescent chalk from the Pebbles Chalk set and tied a few pieces of organdy ribbon through punched holes in the tabs. A great way to make use of really small scraps and add an extra bit of dimension to your layout.


Using the shaving cream & ink technique, I have used Vivid inks for these cards...
These are my Autumn Hues Foam Printing Cards. I have used the new Sticky Gems - Pearls and a large Daisy from the New May Products to embellish one of these cards. They all have a some Design Adhesive used with Forever Green Perfect Pearls.
Acrylic paint can also be used for this technique. If you'd like to learn this technique email me 

 There's lots of preparing projects going on at the moment to show for my FREE Make and Take Demonstration at my house on the 20th of June from 1.30 til 4.30 pm. I have limited space so please let me know if you're coming by the 16th (Wednesday) of June. I'll be providing a light afternoon tea and you'll be making either a single page layout or a card using Design Adhesives and Perfect Pearls. Come and join in the fun!!!
That's all for now, I'm going to play!
Cheers,
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser