Saturday, July 31, 2010

New projects I've finally finished!

Hi there! 
Thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoy your visit! I've been finishing off a few projects I had started as demonstrations for 3 Make & Take Demos I had last week. Two of the projects have been spritzed with Smooch Spritz over chipboard letters or words to create a shadow effect as part of the layout title.Here they are...
 Sorry about the poor quality of the photos. I'll enlist the help of my talented hubby - who takes photos for his work - for other photos from now on!
I have used the My Boy Paper in this layout  for a christmas & boy theme combined as the photos are from last Christmas and they feature my nephews with my youngest daughter for her first Christmas. I have used Chipboard brackets, stars and a shield as embellishments and for the journalling.
I have used Silver Foil Smooch Spritz with Chipboard Alphabet Popouts for this layout then after drying, I used Glue Gloss to add some Candy Floss Glitter to the letters for some extra bling. I used Daisy Daze Design Adhesives to create glittered flowers (again, with Candy Floss Glitter) on white Card Essentials and plastic. The Springtime Black Adhesive Flock added to the garden theme. I dotted the butterfly wings and the small daisies with Ice Stickles and used rhinestones (6mm round & small ones from Sticky Bing Flourish) in the centres of the bigger flowers. I then used 3 butterflies I had cut separately from the length of Adhesive Flock, adhered to and cut them out of plastic, then folded the wings up and attached them with Super tape to the left page. This makes the butterflies appear to be in flight. The SB papers are from the Gelati range which is great for girly and summery pages. I rollagraphed the top of the page with white ink and the Daisy Daze wheel then attached small rhinestones to the centres of most of the flowers. A very blingy layout, indeed!!


I had some more fun with the Dancing Hearts Design Adhesives and Pearlescent chalks to create this Pretty in Pink Page & Pocket Piece Layout...
I tore, rolled & distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink some Make Believe Vellum and embellished with pink stitched ribbon and a couple of bows. I used the Dancing Hearts Rollagraph Wheel and the Dancing Hearts Design Adhesives (with brown Pearlescent chalk) to embellish the page & 2 pocket pieces. I have also used part of the Sentiments and Baby Cakes Design Adhesives with Cinnamon Spice Glitter to further embellish the layout. The title of the layout (Close Encounters of the Chocolate Kind) is inspired by the photo of my daughter with chocolate frog all over her face - cute but messy!!


Here's a wedding card I demonstrated using the I Do! Design Adhesives with Turquoise Perfect Pearls. 

Using plastic as my base, I adhered Lagoon Card Essentials to the inside. After adhering the Mr & Mrs Design Adhesive to a strip of Vellum and dusting with Perfect Pearls, I attached the vellum - with vellum tape - to the Lagoon card. I stamped a strip of White Card Essentials with the Dots Background stamp & Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, then scalloped the top with the Scallop Border Punch. After tying a piece of white organdy ribbon around the white stamped strip, I attached it to the card front with small pieces of Super Tape. The Design Adhesive gift was also Perfect Pearled with Turquoise on a piece of white card then attached with Magic Mount over the ribbon. Finally, I attached small pearl Sticky Gems between each scallop on the card front. Simple yet really effective!
 I had been really inspired by a layout I saw on consultant, Naomi Elliott's blog a long while ago and had wanted to give it a go. It is a layout using an insert of plastic and rubons used on the plastic. It looked great so I just had to try it for myself. I have used papers from the Enchanted range and rubons & bling from the Elegant Flourish and Bling Rubon pack. Here tis'...


I used a strip of Enchanted Journal Mist under the plastic on each page for aesthetic effect so there was no clashing with the pages they backed onto in my albums.It takes away from the effect the plastic gives as an insert, but looks better when placed in an album this way.


Lastly, I did a sample of the Bella Tiles page that is from 2H232 All Boy! or Bella Tiles Page n Card Workshop - created by Amarylise Bessey - currently available for customers to create ($25 per person). I used my daughter's christening photos as a feature and embellishments for this page. The workshop also includes a birthday card created using tiles from SB Paper.



 Well, that's it for now. It's late here so I'd better go and get some beauty sleep. 
Child free night out tomorrow night, so better rest up!!
I'll be back with August workshop samples early next week so you can see what you can create!
Cheers,


http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser