Saturday, August 14, 2010

A couple of pages and some invitations later...

Well, hello there! Hope you're having a great day so far :o)
I have done a couple of single page layouts and some Baby Shower nappy invitations since I last posted. The first page was created using some of the Enchanted range SB papers, sandpaper (to distress the paper), Vanilla Bazzill, Jumbo Rollagraph Crackle Background wheel with clear embossing ink, Forever Red Perfect Pearls, Weathered Wood Distress Ink, Scallop Border Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Dotty Organdy Ribbon, Jumbo and Small Flower Punches, some Pewter brads, Rhinestones, Girl Words stamp set, Cute Letter Alphabet stamp set, Christmas Rubons word (wish) and some Sticky Gems Pearls. Here 'tis!


I used the wet scrunched flower technique to create the flowers. If you'd like to learn how to make these, email or call me to book a Demo or Workshop to create a page like this.


The next page is a little different to my usual style. This one is very linear or graphic, you might say. It was an easy page to put together as all I needed to do was measure the SB paper pieces to be the same width or height of the photos to line them up with photos properly, leaving a 1/2 cm gap between all the pieces. Then I inked to butterfly stamps with coordinating Fluid Chalk Inks to give them a graduating colour effect, cut them out and adhered only their bodies to the page. I added some Sticky Gems Pearls (around the word 'Smile' & on 3 pieces of the SB paper) and Ice Stickles for a little bling on the butterflies bodies. Most of the SB Paper is from the Gelati range except for the green piece which is from the Life's a Beach range and the Aqua piece (from the Bella range). It shows that you don't have to stick to one paper range to be able to co-ordinate colours well, I think. What do you think? Does it work? Leave a comment, I'm open to feedback!
The chipboard letters are from the Alphabet Popouts and are painted with Snow Cap Paint Dabber and edged with French Blue Fluid Chalk Ink.


I am throwing a Baby Shower for my girlfriend Peta in a couple of weeks and wanted to do some cute invitations for it. I found a nappy template online (sorry, I can't remember what site it was - I just googled 'nappy card template') and adjusted it to the shape I wanted. I used a the Oscar Owl stamp and the branch stamp from the Love & Cherish stamp set along with Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to stamp and distress the edges of the invitations. Most of the invitations were made using Kaszazz only products except for the 'You're Invited' & 'It's a Shower' stamps which are EK Success dial type stamps that I have in my stash. Anyway, here's some pics...



I'm happy with the way the outside turned out but if I was to do nappy invitations again, I would print the wording on one long piece to put down the middle of the nappy - like a liner - and stamp the top and bottom around it. I had a bit of a time and product restraint so I had to do them the way they are. Never mind, you live and learn, hey?!


That's all I've got to show you at the moment so until next time, happy scrap booking and card making!
Cheers,
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Fiona, I'm a newbie to Kaszazz and came across your blog... Your work is beautiful.. just love those Nappy invites... so cute.. Thanks for the inspiration... Tracy

Fi said...

You're welcome Tracy and thanks so much for leaving a comment. It's lovely to get feedback and lovely comments like yours about my work (its so much fun how can it be called work?!!)Glad I've managed to inspire you!
Cheers,
Fi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser