Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Nappy Cake for a Baby Shower...

Hi again! 
Just wanted to share some pics of my Nappy
Cake I made for my friend's Baby Shower to use as a centrepiece on the gift table. This is my gift to Peta, so if you're reading this before Sunday, Pete, just act surprised, ok?! :) 
I've used some safety pins from the Kaszazz Aged Copper embellishment kit and some Organdy White Dots Ribbon to embellish and keep it together... 
The base is a chipboard circle which has been covered with Yellow Crackle Sentiments SB Paper and the edge was distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The daisies are from my stash (sorry, they're not Kaszazz products, they just went better with the 'cake' then the Kaszazz ones!) The decoration on top are singlets rolled into roses along with some leaves I had in my stash...



The giraffe is a little squeaky toy for the bub to play with. I used about 35 newborn sized nappies and 3 cotton interlock wraps to make this 'cake'. There is a bottle of bubbly in the centre for the parents-to-be to celebrate the birth when the baby arrives!
I'm looking forward to having a lovely afternoon for Peta on Sunday. I'm making lemon meringue tarts, cupcakes and scones and they'll be lots of other yummy stuff to nibble on too -  thanks to all Peta's friends who are bringing some food to share!!! I hope to get some snaps on the day so stayed tuned for some creativity with those!


Gotta go,
Cheers for now,



http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg




3 comments:

Tracy said...

This is simply gorgeous Fiona... Aren't these just so much fun to make... I've made ones before with baby items to look like a bunch of flowers... I'll have to give this style a go... thanks for sharing...

Fi said...

Thanks Tracy! I did have fun making this one! I used a different method of layering & overlapping the nappies without rolling them individually with this one and it came together pretty quickly! Hooray! I hope Peta & her hubby have fun dismantling it when they have the bub! Your bunch of flowers baby gifts sound interesting - I'd love to see a picture!
Cheers!

Tracy said...

No probs I'll e-mail it too you... Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser