Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm back! Lots of cards and projects to show!!

Hello there! I'm back after10 days or so of playing and collecting new products to play with :o) I've also got some other cards using the September New products which I made for my Make and Take Demonstration at the start of this month. My apologies for not sharing yet, but here they are now!!
The black, gold & red Christmas card I created using the new Lace background stamp and the Large & Small Bauble Stamps along with the Star (all embossed in gold). I cut and embossed the lace border from white card with the new Ezy Press -which I love!!! - and used the red/metallic gold stitch ribbon for the trim. The star stamp has been stamped and embossed twice, then the inner swirly star has been cut out and layered on top of the full star image and fastened together with an Antique Gold brad. The Star ornaments below are made with the same stamp. I stamped the image 5 times with Perfect Medium and embossed each one with either silver or gold embossing powder. I cut out each image, scored them down the center and folded them.  I then used Glossy Accents to glue one half of one star to the back of the next star half and continued until all the star images were joined together. Before I glued the first & last half stars together, I inserted a loop of metallic edged ribbon into the middle to create the loop to hang on the tree with. This star makes a great Christmas tree ornament, don't you think?
 This card was created using the circle and flower scraps from making my gift bags for my New Products Demo.I also used the Lace background stamp and the Special Moments stamp on white card with Coal Black Ancient Page ink. I added a few rhinestones and some Ice Stickles to give it a bit more pizazz.
 The next 3 cards were created with various Design Adhesive designs and the new Designer Foils. They are both so easy to use and work brilliantly together! All of these cards could be used for Christmas cards although the top one is a bit more occasional - it could be used for a birthday, wedding or engagement card also. The gifts and diamonds are from the I do! and Fancy Edges Design Adhesives. The sentiment is from the Celebrate Design Adhesives and I used Silver Fog, Seaport and Plum Crazy Designer Foils.I finished the card off with the Silver edged white ribbon  which was pre-released for the September New Product launch.
 This one has a felt scalloped flower underneath the bow although it's a bit hard to see in this photo. I was playing with my Ezy Press to see what other medium it can cut and it cuts felt quite well! I used the Funky Forest and Celebrate Design Adhesives with Silver Fog, Goldmine and Cherry Ripe Designer Foils.
The Design Adhesives used for this card were Holly Border and Jolly Greetings along with Irish Eyes, Cherry Ripe and Goldmine Designer Foils. I used part of the Wishing you Bunches of Love stamp to begin the sentiment and the red/metallic stitch ribbon finished it off nicely. I found it a bit difficult to get the red only on the berries and not on the leaves for this card but hey, I'm new to this foil stuff so I need to practise!!
This Funky Fold card pattern was given to me by Mandy who is a great inspiration. Thanks heaps, Mandy. I hope to show you the real thing next time I see you! i had previously stamped and embossed the large Poinsettia with gold onto Green Script and Red Crackle SB Paper and cut the petals only from the red image. I mounted the red on the green with Magic Mount and added some Tarnished Brass Distress Stickles to the centre. Other stamps used were the Merry Christmas script small, Fancy Flourish and the Christmas Postage Mark. I stamped all the images with Aged mahogany Distress ink and added a little more Distress Stickles here & there to highlight dots. The vellum was embossed using a Fiskars Texture Plate in my Ezy Press - it works quite well as long as you slowly - so you don't crack the plastic texture plate ( I learnt this the hard way!) - wind it through and use a custom shim board on top! I matted the embossed vellum on a piece of Pomegranate Card Essentials and adhered it to the Oatmeal Card base. The scalloped circle was cut using the Ezy Press too then stamped with the postage mark stamp.
This is a mini Lotus box I made using the template from Tamsin Alford's blog
http://tamsinalford.blogspot.com
  
I had a strip of Ebony and Ivory SB paper on my worktable and decided to use it to decorate the mini box along with a Pearl gem after punching some flowers from the paper and some vellum and layering them together to create a rather flat lotus flower.

Finally, here's a little stand/hanger I made to hang my Shrinky earrings on for display and to keep them tidy and together. I had a couple of stalls over the last two weeks which I took these to to show what can be done with Shrinky Dinks, some ink, rhinestones and jewellery findings. The hanger/stand is a 6x6" chipboard album cover with a Bazzill Card stand. I stamped the Fancy Flourish in Gold to match the Gold-edged Cream ribbon and added two pieces of ribbon across the board to fit 8 pairs of earrings (or hair clips) and a piece of ribbon tied to the holes punched in the top to be able to hang it if needed.
That's all for now folks! Hope this has given you enough to be inspired by for now. More coming in the next couple of days! Lots of scrapping to be done!!!
Bye for now, 
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser