Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Ezy Press Advent Calendar

Hi there bloggers! It's been awhile since I've posted mostly because I've been busy doing demonstrations, therefore I've been busy creating for those plus my 2 girls have kept me on my toes a fair bit lately. My 14 month old daughter has totally left her crawling days behind her and is into everything!! Very cute but VERY mischievious :o) 
Hayfever has well and truly got hold of me this season and I've been trying oodles of natural and pharmaceutical remedies to try to ease it, some are working a little better than others but none have helped completely. If you have any hayfever remedies that work for you, I'd love to read about them so please leave a comment!
I have achieved one major craft goal this year (which I have been wanting to do for the last 2 years)! Hooray, I finally made my girls an Advent Calendar inpired by a couple of designs in Better Homes and Gardens magazine from the last 2 years' Christmas issues. It only took me three days to make on a base of MDF I had waiting for me to make a memo board with.  I have seen this in pinks, aqua blues and white which looks just beautiful.
I pretty much stick to traditional red, green, white, silver and gold at christmas at my house. I have been tempted to go aqua blue, white and purple but I never have any extra cash to splash about on a Christmas theme change, so traditional colours it stays! Anyway, I used Kaszazz Christmas and Merry Christmas (and a little Enchanted) range SB papers as well SB Essentials and Bazzill Basics card along with my Ezy Press and some cute bag and box dies. I also used the Frame #19 circle die, the Lace Border 2 in 1 Cut and Emboss Die and Numbers & Punctuation die. Punches used were the Super Circle, Jumbo Circle, Super Scalloped Circle, Jumbo Scalloped Circle, Small Snowflake and Super Reindeer.  Ribbons used were 1/8" silver edge, white grosgrain, white dots organdy and brown mini gingham. I used a few Rhinestone brads for the centres of the rosettes (on top of the little boxes) and on the bags to secure the ribbon handles. I put lollies, balloons and a little treasure like Christmas stickers, hairbands, hairclips or bracelets this year. Next year I will probably put something different in each bag or box.
If you have any questions about any of the products I have used on this project, just drop me an email or leave a comment on here. 


Off to finish stamping and embossing some candles I'm doing for my eldest daughters' daycarers.
Will take some pics and post on here when I finish them...

Thanks for visiting, pop back again soon :o)

Cheers,

1 comment:

Morty said...

Hi Fiona - I have chosen this lovely project to feature on the Kaszazz Blog Find site this week.

You’ll find it here… www.kaszazzblogfind.blogspot.com

Morty – KBF

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser