Sunday, January 2, 2011

My New Year's Resolution and December 2010 Christmas Craft

Hi,  Hope you've had an awesome 1st day of 2011! My day has been good although waking up with a headache wasn't a really great start. The good thing was, it was from having a great New Years Eve with some wonderful friends and having a few drinks throughout the night! I wanted to post to say Happy New Year to all my loved ones and my wonderful and supportive customers who help to keep me inspired to inspire them. I hope 2011 will be filled with positivity and strength in will and love for everyone I know including my family and myself. I also wanted to share some pics of my Christmas craft I did during December 2010...
A Christmas card I made during one of my last demonstrations for 2010 became a friend's Christmas card! I altered the wreath for our front door to be more co-ordinated with my other Chrissie decorations ie the traditional red, green, gold, silver and white... (it previously had a pink bow on it and no poinsettia or gold embellishments) The Christmas tree luminary you see here was inspired by a tutorial I found on this blog: http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2010/10/tutorial-for-christmas-tree-luminaire.html I used all Kaszazz products including the Ezy Press to make two of them to put on the table for our family Christmas lunch. They have a battery operated tea light in the box that the luminary tree shade sits on...
The Hocking family Christmas was at our house for 2010. It turned out to be a pretty cold rainy day so we set up 2 long tables inside (we were planning to eat outside but you can't always count on the weather to stick to your plans!!) so we were very cozy! I had heaps of fun decorating the tables with ornaments and star garlands, candles etc... I stamped some candles for my daughter's day carer's Christmas gifts and made matching tags to go with each one...
I made Calendar Easel cards with pics of my girls on each for each of my brothers and sisters and their families, my parents and in-laws and my Nana. I made 10 of these... I also finally finished the frame (below) that I had started in September to be part of my New products samples but just plain ran out of time. I had stamped and embossed in gold the background and had it sitting on my craft table waiting for inspiration and the time to come to finish it. I was inspired by Naomi Elliott's blog to use a stamped quote to remind me to live in the present in order to make the most of the moments I have right now rather than worry about what will happen in the future or what has happened in the past - I have really been struggling with this lately. I have hung this frame above my craft table to remind me to take one day at a time which is my resolution for 2011! What's your resolution for the New Year? I don't normally make them cause it doesn't take me long to break them usually. This one I think will be different because I need to do this for health and happiness for my family and myself. We'll see what happens!!!
Cheers and much health and happiness to you and yours for 2011,
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_K0LD0-NBoPs/S9-8r3JarOI/AAAAAAAADEQ/LfW7U3kSw6c/FotoFlexer_Animationblogsignature.jpg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser