Saturday, May 7, 2011

So Grateful....

 Hi there lovely bloggers!


It's been a week since I last posted and has it ever been an action packed one!!! Never mind that though, I have HEAPS to share! Firstly I wanted to share these Thank You cards and Magnetic Bookmarks with you . The first card I made for the lovely Grace Holzhauser who helped give my blog a facelift...I hope she got her little pressie and card & that she liked it! Let me know if you got it, Grace!
The brown panel was created with the Handbag Bookmarker base die and I used an offcut from a lace border die to layer on top for the sentiment to go on. The sentiment is from the Many Thanks and Sentiments Design Adhesives and Gold Mine Designer Foils. The new Sheer Satin Edges and Soft Pine (for the leaves) ribbon along with the Sticky Pearls and Daisies (4cm) finishes the card off perfectly, don't you think?
I used SB Foundations Blush Vine Paper to layer up and the Vine stamp inked up with Walnut Stain Distress Ink for under the Daisies.
 The next card and Bookmark was for Maureen who is a lovely lady from Scotland. I did a card for the Less is More challenge a little while ago and Maureen kindly commented on my card so I visited her blog and found her beauiful card. I asked her where the butterfly came from & she emailed me to say that she could cut some and post them over which she very generously did! I now have have about 20 of these gorgeous butterflies on hand to create my little heart out with!!! They are die cuts from a Marianne Creatables die. Anyway, thanks again Maureen! I'm loving the Many Thanks Design Adhesives atm so I used them 2 ways for the card (with Distress Embossing Powders - Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick) and the Bookmark (with Winter Sky Designer Foils).
The Bookmark is cut with the Just For You Bookmarker Die and is done in 2 layers so it folds at the bottom. Can't remember whose blog I first saw these on but you can search You Tube for Magnetic Bookmarks and get the idea! I was hanging out to get the Ezy Press Bookmarker Dies so I could try this and I have lots more ideas swimming around in my head for these. The perfect Mother's Day gift for those mum's who love to read!


I also did a Bookmark for my wonderful friend Bec, who is simply AWESOME!!! She loves to read & she loves Butterflies so this bookmark - (cut with the Hat/Bag/Shoes Bookmarker base die) embossed with the Dots and Romance embossing folders - seemed the perfect little gift to show her how much I care for and appreciate her! Bec and I run together regularly so I also wanted to show my appreciation and support for all of her appreciation and support for me!! YOU ROCK, BEC!!!

I have heaps more to do and show you this month so stay tuned!!! May will be APPRECIATION MONTH! I'm going to run with a theme every month from now on - whether it be showing appreciation or some other emotion/sentiment or spotlighting a certain product/range. Come back in June (hopefully before!!!) and see what's happening then :o)
Cheers,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser